Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dairy-Free "Greek Yogurt"

If you are looking for a dairy-free "Greek Yogurt", So Delicious has come out with one!  I made a yummy shake for my "non-eos" daughter last night, using that yogurt, a banana, frozen blueberries, rice milk and MLO Brown Rice Protein Powder.  She only has to avoid dairy, but if I omit the bananas, it is safe for my son ("Eos Boy"), too!

On occasion, my daughter has a hard time eating solid foods, even soft foods.  That was the case yesterday, so I made the smoothie to give her something substantial and filling.  It was a hit!

The yogurt may contain only 2 grams of protein, but it DOES have 9 grams of dietary fiber (36% of the recommended daily intake) in each 6 oz container.  So, if you have So Delicious products in your local store, keep an eye out for this new yogurt.  I paid $1.99 for a small, 6 oz container, which is rather steep, but on the bright side, I was able to make something special, delicious, and nutritious for my daughter, which was also easy to ingest.

If you would like to check the ingredients in advance to see if it's safe for you to use, please click here for the product link.  

I'm looking forward to trying other combinations for both of my kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment